About Me

My photo
MY PLAN: to spread awareness and raise money for MY VISION: to empower, educate and employ girls who've been rescued from child prostitution in Nicaragua. MY MISSION: to buy land and establish a self sufficient community of treehouses on the south west coast. MY GOALS: Staff and Operate a Surf Hotel, Develop a School for English, Provide Basic Medical Aid, and Offer training in the arts, trades and sustainable agriculture.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

I wait upon Your glory, I want to overflow.

A few Ozzy things I have learned this week: the word SHANK fits anywhere, Flat out like a lizard means to be busy, and when you order a chicken pizza it can have ham pineapple onions tomatoes and mushrooms and chicken on it without even asking you.


I have been gone for a whole month. I am not really sure what to think of that. In a way it feels like a long time. I have moved in. I have my own stuff in the fridge like limes, kiwis, bacon, cheddar cheese, salsa. In the freezer there is pineapple, mixed veggies, my water bottle and some dark chocolate kit kats. I have my own cabinet in the kitchen over the stove with organic cereal, corn chips, real hot cocoa mix, chunky peanut butter, and brown rice. When I got home from school I eat a banana and took my laundry off the line and folded it and put it away to the song "I love college". Last night my Ozzy friend Amy kidnapped me from my house and took me to a magazine launch called "Love is..." It was so cool and local and normal feeling. Like I was out of the little exchange student bubble for ten minutes just to take a deep breath of fresh air. Plus I get sushi once a week with Callie. It is the best! Two Rolls for 5$ including soy sauce and wasabi. I already have a routine a NORMAL going. But on the other hand it feels like I have only been here ten minutes. One second it is monday and the next it is the end of the week and your left asking "What happened?"


I guess this is the part where I try to record "WHAT HAPPENED"

Well our speakers name was Glen Vines. That kind of sound like a flowers name to me. He is a prophetic speaker and I immediately trusted him. Which is odd for me. But when he spoke it was not only very clear he but he challenged us to test it. As soon as he got to off track or two far into an opinion he would literally walk back to the podium and go back to the word for proof. This week was called "Fear of the Lord" But it ended up being more of a teaching on Reverence for our Creator and spiritual gifts. He described this vision of God's really big hands full of Gold and Jewels trying to hand it to us but our tiny hands are fists, refusing to even open enough to see what we are holding onto. And then he asked what are you holding onto. And I started to pray. "God I am not holding onto anything." And he replied which I would say was the weirdest part of the whole thing. He said "Give your necklace to Amy." I immediately said "NO! are you kidding? I haven't taken this off in over 7 months now. It becomes more valuable every day. She won't appreciate it as much as me. I can't." Hahaha If thats not proof that my fists where closed I don't know what else is. It took me a couple hours, a good cry and a lot of help from Callie but I have taken it off and I am waiting for Amy's address to send it to her back in Canada. That was one of the first times following Jesus has hurt I guess. I have so much peace about it now though. She really needs it more than I do. I have also been learning what it means to hang out with God. I don't think I am very good at listening yet. But I really like just singing to him out under the stars and making up my own lyrics to songs. I think He really likes it too. At about 11pm here you can see Oh-ryan's Belt it is one of the most comforting homey thing here. I can see it out of the window next to my bed.


Check out freerice.com and google Fair Trade Chocolate. After my dark chocolate kit kat is gone I will not be buying anything chocolate that is not fair trade. I feel like I am getting a much more global perspective.


God wants global warming and he wants to be the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment