About Me

My photo
MY PLAN: to spread awareness and raise money for MY VISION: to empower, educate and employ girls who've been rescued from child prostitution in Nicaragua. MY MISSION: to buy land and establish a self sufficient community of treehouses on the south west coast. MY GOALS: Staff and Operate a Surf Hotel, Develop a School for English, Provide Basic Medical Aid, and Offer training in the arts, trades and sustainable agriculture.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jesus Lover of my Soul

Today I received an unbelievable level of joy, pure groundless almost ridiculous joy. It just became contagious. I just wanted to share it with the world. So I hugged everyone, skipped to the IGA (24 hour grocery store) made brownies, went to the dentist where they had these sick chairs from finland, bought a black dress for 8$ and spent 2 hours reading my book with God on the beach. Just to conclude with a nacho salad. It was one of those days that it is easy to praise God because you feel it. It is nice to have that kind of a break sometimes. I like those days.

I believe I am starting to figure out the reason for "quiet times." I always thought it was this forced painfully lame thing christians where required to do. I found out this week that no where in the Bible does it say "You must spend 30 minutes a day reading the Bible and praying to God or you can kiss your salvation goodbye!" Quite time can be some of the coolest moments of the day. It can look like anything. You can sit outside a coffee shop and watch all the people walk by and just ask God how to pray for these people. Or you can walk on the beach in silence just listening for God to put things on your heart. Or you can read your favorite or least favorite Bible story and ask God to show you something in it that you have never seen before. God understands me and all He wants is to hang out with me and you of course. Why? Because He loves his creation. Try reading Song of Solomon yourself. That is how God sees you. Through the head over heals eyes of love. I wish everyone let God put those kind of arms around them. So many feelings like fear, insecurity, pain, neglect would literally disappear if you just knew what kind of powerful love you have in Him. God made romance. Imagine that.

This week I learned that to hear God. You have to stop and listen. Listen longer than you pray for. Listen longer than is comfortable. Stop your mind and just listen. Listen until it hurts. Listen until you hear. Wait your time listening. He understands us better than we understand ourselves. He knows how much I love getting letters. He knows how much I wish someone would take me on picnics with heart shaped PB&J's. He told me the other day to go on picnic with him, just him. I am so excited just to hang out with him. This is so new. Sweet as.

Callie, don't worry I will blog about Sunday later. I have to Journal about it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment