About Me

My photo
MY PLAN: to spread awareness and raise money for MY VISION: to empower, educate and employ girls who've been rescued from child prostitution in Nicaragua. MY MISSION: to buy land and establish a self sufficient community of treehouses on the south west coast. MY GOALS: Staff and Operate a Surf Hotel, Develop a School for English, Provide Basic Medical Aid, and Offer training in the arts, trades and sustainable agriculture.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fantastic Friday

We went to the July DTS graduation. Before it began I was just sitting on the internet trying to get college applications done and I got looking at my own facebook photos. It was just making me miss EVERYTHING. When I got to this picture. I just started to cry.

This is my dad and I with my car after a 26 hour strait drive from Orlando Florida to Merrimack New Hampshire. Everything I own is in that car. My bed and my surf board (that is still broken) is on top. I lost it. I was just angry at God that everything I love is so far away. The graduation started with praise songs. I just couldn't do it. I went outside and just talked to him for a while and then he reminded me of something I learned in Orlando. "IF YOU DON'T MISS IT THEN IT WAS NOT GOOD." At that point things were back to ok. I went back in an was able enjoy what God had done in and through them. I also noticed that I am on the right DTS. God is awesome at timing. We are going to blow their graduation out of the water!


At the end Mario made an announcement that there would be a dance party at #2. I decide I didn't want to wear a shirt so I went home to change and make myself an ice coffee. Then I set out of the walk to #2. I decided to walk by 77 to give Christian a call because I had a few things to tell him. When I tried to call my phone card said it didn't have enough money on it. Which was very because I put 10$ on it that very same day. So I called the customer service line to try to figure out what was happening. I ended up talking to the customer service guy for 45minutes. He is twenty year old Philippino. He lives in Manila and loves corn ice cream just like I do! His father is a pastor and he knows people who have done YWAM. I got to refresh his our look on Jesus I think. We talked about how sometimes it can feel like something you have to do because your family does it. But really it is this crazy thing that deserves our love. I ended up missing the dance party completely. God is so funny how he uses us. I never did get ahold of Christian I was only able to leave a message but I was able to be used by God even though only a few hours ago I was very upset with him.


I also got 12$ for free on my calling card and he is sending me a SIM card to put in my Australian cell phone that will enable me to call the US for 4 cents a minutes from a cell phone!


God is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment