About Me

My photo
MY PLAN: to spread awareness and raise money for MY VISION: to empower, educate and employ girls who've been rescued from child prostitution in Nicaragua. MY MISSION: to buy land and establish a self sufficient community of treehouses on the south west coast. MY GOALS: Staff and Operate a Surf Hotel, Develop a School for English, Provide Basic Medical Aid, and Offer training in the arts, trades and sustainable agriculture.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Remain Faithful Available and Teachable

Last week was just a reminder that this Christian life is a journey. It is a constant renewal of our love for Christ. It is crazy to me how huge and constant God's love for us is. We so easily get distracted and so easily get attached by the devil. And yet he never stops loving us. I just think its sweet that as soon as we say "get away from me satan in Jesus name" he has to leave.


Last weeks lectures where pretty basic. It wasn't a lot about God at all. It was about Relationships. So we talked about conflict resolution, doing singleness well, boundaries, communication, personality types and some other things I already know about. During class I actually made a new lap top cover by hand. Hand sewing helps me listen and stay concentrated. It is also very calming. I have really begun to enjoy not having a sewing machine.



I did learn a few things from lectures though. One is that there is no mention at all of what Eve looked like. It does not even tell us that she was beautiful. It does not tell us what size boobs she had. What her pant size was. How tan her skin was. It just says that when God saw it he said it was good. I also noticed that woman was made last. I was almost offended at first. But I think it shows us our worth. This world puts woman's worth at the level of a maid. She cooks and she cleans but our place is so much more important than that. God made the world and man and then he saw that there was a piece missing. Woman is that missing piece. We fill in all the cracks. There is so much value in that. It just brings a smile to my face.


I have also started reading my Bible with breakfast. Because I ALWAYS eat breakfast. It has been really cool. I didn't realize how much I had enjoyed it until went to the largest sand island in the world for the weekend and left my Bible at home. I missed my breakfast with God.


Seek first to be understood and then to understand


No comments:

Post a Comment